Title: The Art of Communication
Course Length: 1 day face-to-face course
Maximum number of delegates per trainer: 10
Communication can be hit and miss. Get it right and you have a successful business with satisfied clients who will return, buy more from you and refer you. Get it wrong and you face a loss of clients and referrals as well as a hostile environment rife with mistrust, misunderstandings, mistakes, conflict and even complaints. The reason many people get it so wrong is because they communicate with others from their perspective rather than from the other person’s perspective. This is one of the hardest concepts to really understand yet it is the key and the foundation to every form of communication whether it’s in the form of coaching, sales, influencing or negotiating. The Art of Communication teaches this as well as providing delegates with the skills, knowledge, and mind-set to enable them to communicate effectively so that they can relate to others in a way which make them feel heard, valued and understood. In addition to creating a safe, harmonious and productive working environment, it motivates staff to go the extra mile while improving working relationships, co-operation, morale and efficiency.
This course is for people who wish to develop their inter-personal skills so that they can communicate with anyone – and form strong working relationships with them – and find constructive ways of working with others under any circumstances.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate what effective communication can achieve for them, their colleagues, stakeholders and clients
- Understand the three keys to successful communication
- Uncover their current strengths and development areas in communication
- Use simple rapport building skills to build solid working relationships
- Notice what to look for, and listen to, in others’ verbal and non-verbal cues to understand the real meaning of their communication
Ask quality questions to determine the meaning behind another’s communication
Advanced Communication Skills and Performance Coaching