Course Title: Performance Management
Course Length: 2 day face-to-face course
Maximum number of delegates per trainer: 12
Many companies are guilty of treating performance management as a yearly, box-ticking exercise. However, research shows that organisations with an ongoing focus on performance management have better business results. Companies where employees revise or review their goals quarterly or more frequently are likely to have above-average financial performance and are more likely to be effective at holding costs at or below level of competitors. It’s time to stop equating performance management with a dreaded annual appraisal. In reality, it’s much more. In this course, delegates discover the true value of appraisals and view them as an asset rather than a time-wasting irritation. They learn an easy-to-follow format for holding appraisals and goal setting as well as a powerful framework for giving constructive feedback and a model for setting personal development plans. Throughout the course, there are plenty of opportunities to practise the new techniques in a safe environment so that they feel confident to use their new skills back in the work place immediately.
Performance Management is aimed at staff who are responsible for managing and reviewing the performance of their staff in a professional, corporate environment.
By the end of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of a performance manager
- Know the difference between the Performance Review and a Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- Create an open and honest performance culture with solution-focussed conversations
- Monitor and review staff objectives
- Motivate both under-performers and high-performers
- Give difficult feedback constructively
- Set stretching yet motivational goals which also gain commitment
- Have a concrete action plan of how to improve their development areas
Toolkit for Managers