Course Title: Coaching Excellence
Course Length: 2 day face-to-face course
Maximum number of delegates per trainer: 6
A typical management style is to tell people what to do and how to do it and wonder why they don’t get buy-in or respect from their team. Excellent leaders, on the other hand, know the secret of being an excellent manager and developing a successful team and that’s to coach them. Coaching is about empowering others to solve their own difficulties via careful guidance from the coach. This course transforms mind-sets and provides the skills so that delegates have the confidence to be able to use coaching as part of their everyday working conversations. In this course, delegates discover what coaching is, and what it is not, as well as the best times to coach. They learn a new way of looking at feedback and how to give both positive and constructive feedback using an easy-to-use model. They learn a practical coaching structure so that they can use it during the practice sessions and beyond. They are observed and given individual feedback on their coaching technique to help ensure that they feel confident to start coaching as soon as they finish the course.
This course is for managers who want to advance their own careers by developing their team. It enables managers to help the team overcome their own issues or challenges via on-the-spot coaching.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand why coaching is so powerful
- Know when to coach and when to be directive
- Flex their style depending on the requirements
- Empower their team to solve their own problems
- Create a harmonious working environment
- Build trust and respect within the team
- Give feedback confidently and in a timely manner
- Acquire a valuable management tool
- Free up their time so they can progress their own career
The Art of Communication